We are seeking an experienced and motivated biostatistician to join the Data Science team. The successful candidate will drive development and execution of statistical analyses methods to support both research needs and aid in analysis of clinical trial related data. Areas of impact span method development for Data Science initiatives, analysis of complex datasets generated by the ATLAS platform, support for pre-clinical development and translational medicine activities. The biostatistician will have the opportunity to work in a collaborative, cross-functional environment developing novel statistical methodologies and improving on current methodologies. They will also contribute to the science through independent and collaborative research resulting in presentations and publications.
- Serve as statistical subject matter expert for the Data Science team
- Provide support for analysis of research and clinical data
- Provide strategic input into the analysis of large and complex data sets generated as part of various programs
- Maintain and expand expertise in various computing tools to leverage internal and external data sets
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with fellow data scientists, research and clinical scientists, and external collaborators as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Build out statistical capabilities and propose opportunities for productivity improvements and implementation plans.
- Proactively seek input and review from other experts within and outside the group on various projects and research activities and share technical information when appropriate
- Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills with an ability to explain complex technical details in simple language.
- Work well in a team as well as independently and be able to take a leadership role with regard to statistical elements on various projects.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task and embrace change in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Independently motivated, detail oriented and good problem-solving abilities
- Strong writing, editing and presentation skills
- MS or PhD in Biostatistics, Statistics or a related field
- Industry experience: 2+ years with PhD (or 5+ years with MS)
- Academic/industry experience collaborating within a cross-functional research team
- Strong basis in statistical concepts and methodologies such as predictive modeling, mixed effects models, multivariate analysis, etc.
- Exploratory data analysis and data visualization
- Design of experiments, including power/sample size calculations
- Strong statistical programming skills in R and/or python. SAS programming is a plus
- Experience in applied Bayesian modeling is a plus
- Knowledge of immunology and oncology is a plus
Contact Ashley Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.