Are you a self-driven, enthusiastic, and resourceful Scientist with immunology experience? Do you have experience with magnetic cell separation techniques, flow cytometry, and immune cell-based assays? STEMCELL Technologies is a fast-growing, privately owned biotechnology company looking for a motivated Scientific Sales Representative to help grow our revenue and support the use of our Cell Separation products by customers in the fields of immunology, cancer and cell therapy, among others. We strive for profitable growth and support great science through a sales team that is both scientifically astute and comfortable communicating solutions to a dynamic and intelligent customer base.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, propose, and implement quarterly territory plans to meet revenue goals.
- Assist customers in troubleshooting their experiments including but not limited to tissue preparation, magnetic cell separation, flow cytometry analysis, and immune cell-based assays.
- Gain an understanding of customers’ projects through in-person meetings, phone calls, and emails, in order to position our Cell Separation and Immunology related products as valuable solutions to their needs.
- Develop and maintain valuable relationships with existing customers to fully support their workflow.
- Strategize and identify high-value prospective customers, create initial contact (cold calling), generate opportunities to sell our product portfolio and close sales opportunities.
- Develop and maintain deep product knowledge to sell consultatively and challenge prospective clients on solutions that best meet their needs.
- Work collaboratively with Inside Sales to follow up on new leads and referrals in a timely and effective manner.
- Attend conferences, trade shows, and seminars as required.
- Prepare price quotations and negotiate discounts.
- Document all communications and customer interactions in CRM (Salesforce.com)
- Liaise with internal Scientific Support staff and Research and Development staff regarding difficult troubleshooting and product development.
- BSc, MSc or PhD in Immunology is preferred. Degrees in Hematology, Molecular Biology or an allied science is accepted with immunology-related experience.
- Basic understanding of the Cell Separation market.
- Excellent self-awareness, enthusiasm, intrinsic motivation and resourcefulness.
- Proven ability to work effectively both autonomously and collaboratively.
- Sales experience is an asset but is not required
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please click here.
Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Contact for Inquiries
For more information, contact Jordan Shimell at email@example.com.