At STEMCELL, we are Scientists Helping Scientists. Life science research is always evolving so we need Product Managers who can seamlessly connect the scientific and business worlds, and are continuously adapting and excited to work on products that drive research forward every day.
In this role, you will develop and support the global product line strategy for our immunology portfolio, which includes cell separation reagents and instruments, cell culture media, and other new technologies under development to support key growing areas of research (e.g. immuno-oncology, cell therapy and infectious disease research). You will provide market leadership in the development of innovative products, and manage day-to-day operations of your portfolio to drive growth and profitability. This role involves a high degree of interaction and collaboration across departments, and with customers and external partners around the world.
Duties and Responsibilities
Product Portfolio Strategies
- Manage and support the entire product life cycle for one or more product line(s) by proposing and implementing product management initiatives to support the delivery of STEMCELL market segment strategy and sales and marketing goals related to the assigned product line(s).
- Track the commercial performance of the assigned product line(s) and their respective markets, and regularly present market and financial overviews to various stakeholders, across different departments and corporate operations groups.
- Create business cases to provide recommendations for the one-to-ten year product development and portfolio maintenance plans through detailed analysis of the market(s), the competitive landscape and customer needs; may be involved in developing business cases for complex corporate and cross-team projects.
- Provide revenue forecasts for proposed new products, as well as quarterly forecasts for existing products at various stages of the product life cycle, to guide new product development decisions, sales and inventory planning projections.
- Work closely with the Scientists and the Operations Team to move new product(s) efficiently through the product development pipeline to product launch. Develop and review website product information, and review product information sheets, product manuals, labels and packaging.
- Work closely with the Senior Scientists and the Business Development Team to perform opportunity analysis and strategic planning for in- and out-licensing of intellectual property.
- Identifies cutting-edge and disruptive technologies and proposes changes to product strategic planning to leverage new market opportunities and/or combat competitive threats.
- Identifies opportunities and supports applications for product commercialization grants and funding.
Marketing and Sales Support
- Work closely with the Scientific Marketing group by providing product and market insights to aid the development and execution of marketing strategies and annual plans for assigned product portfolios, including campaign planning, marketing collateral review, and campaign evaluation to ensure alignment with Sales and Corporate goals.
- Enable the global Sales Team by identifying and supporting the implementation of effective sales strategies, and developing and delivering sales support tools, including product and market training.
- Work with regional Sales Managers and Marketing Teams to amend sales strategies and marketing plans as appropriate for local markets.
- Identify and attend global conferences that align with the assigned team’s strategy and overall corporate priorities.
- Serve as the project lead within the assigned Team for one or more product management, marketing or data analysis projects.
- Demonstrate leadership skills and provide departmental expertise to other functional areas; regularly a member or leader of cross-departmental project teams.
- PhD in immunology.
- Relevant product management experience is preferred.
- Solid understanding of product positioning and value proposition to suit the market is preferred.
- Strong ability in data manipulation and interpretation skills
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation) and interpersonal skills, with proven experience building strong relationships with stakeholders and key opinion leaders.
- Experience with project management and project planning, including coordinating multiple projects with varying deadlines, and adjusting flexibly to rapidly changing priorities.
- Team orientated – ‘one-team’ behavior is a must.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please click here.
Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Contact for Inquiries
For more information, contact Christine Genge at email@example.com.